Inclement Weather/Wellness Policy
UPDATE April 5, 2021
RKAS is closed for the foreseeable future except for a few select online services. At this time, I am choosing to use this time to engage studio time for a new series of art as well as attending continuing education with a range of therapeutic focuses.
1. My safety and your safety is my #1 concern. I ask for flexibility from you and in turn will be flexible in return:
a. If you do not feel safe traveling in the event of snow/ice, then I won't either. You will not be charged for a no-show for you or for me.
b. If you have children and school is cancelled or delayed and you cannot reschedule your session, you will not be charged for a no-show.
c. If I'm late or not able to come to the location scheduled due to inclement weather, please understand!!!
2. Appointment Make-ups: If I have missed appointments due to unsafe road conditions - I will do my best to accommodate clients. I will send out an email to that effect.
Because of the nature of the work that I do, it is important that only healthy bodies come to scheduled appointments. Please do not hide what you consider an insignificant cough, sniffle, or presume to be allergies. Increased communication in this season is necessary.
1. When you have a cold/get the flu: If you are not feeling well and have a scheduled appointment approaching, please call the studio as soon as you start feeling unwell, to give me a head's up. This way I can take a wait-list for that appointment, and fill the spot if your health situation worsens. Please call again to confirm/cancel the appointment as soon as you are certain of whether or not you will keep it. If you are sick and have given reasonable notice, you will not be charged for the appointment. If you call shortly before the appointment to say you have the flu - you will be charged for the appointment as the flu is not something that comes on instantly.
2. Last Minute Illnesses/Emergencies: If you have an accident or an emergency, you will not be charged for missing your appointment. Please focus on taking care of yourself and your family and let us know as soon as possible. If your child becomes sick and you must collect them from school/stay with them, you will not be charged for your appointment. Again, please notify us ASAP.
3. Staff Illnesses: Please be understanding! I must adhere to a strict policy of keeping myself at home if I am unwell. In some cases, this may result in the cancelling of your appointment. I will do my very best to give you as much notice as possible and help reschedule you at a time that meets your needs.